Hearing Wanganui has been serving Wanganui and the surrounding area for over seventy years. Keeping the hearing impaired up to date with the latest hearing news, information, technology and issues, ensuring the rights, facilities and services are available for all people with hearing impairment. We are a very friendly, vibrant busy place offering services such as ear suctioning to tinnitus advice and free ear checks – well worth the journey.
A list of services Wanganui Hearing offers:
- A registered nurse who specialises in the removal of ear wax and debris.
- We aim to help and advise people with impaired hearing and hearing aid maintenance.
- We sell hearing aid batteries, accessories, telephones and listening devices.
- Free talks and an educational Hearing Protection Programme for schools, clubs and groups.
- We offer and run Sign Language classes.
Get in touch
- Location:35 Dublin Street Wanganui, 4500
- Postal address:35 Dublin Street Wanganui, 4500
- Phone:06 347 9743 Cell Ph: 021 263 1832
- Office hours:Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.00pm
- Getting here:Approximately the middle of Dublin Street opposite the Wanganui Masonic Centre Hall.
Office Manager: Karen Lett
Hearing Educator: Tracey Jones
Ear Nurse: Bronny Wilson
President: Rosalie Conder
Vice President: Owen Jones
An independent audiometrist, Simply Hearing, rents two rooms in our building.
- Your hearing is precious. Look after it as once it is damaged it cannot be repaired. Being young won’t protect you!If you have to raise your voice to speak to someone next to you, the noise around you is dangerous.TURN IT DOWN, WALK AWAY, AND WEAR PROTECTION
The Hearing Association of New Zealand is passionate about helping those with hearing impairments to experience life to the fullest. If you need our support or are interested in supporting the work that we do, we would love to hear from you.