Hearing New Zealand Bay of Plenty
A society where the hearing impaired are connected, empowered and respected.
Our purpose is to:
- Promote education, advocacy and support for the hearing impaired community and their Whanau.
- Meet the needs of the hearing impaired, either directly or indirectly, through education, disseminating information, the provision of goods and services or any other means considered appropriate, including, but not limited to, the making of grants or the provision of services for any purpose that will further the welfare of hearing impaired persons.
- Promote to the public generally, awareness and understanding of the causes, prevention and consequences of hearing impairment.
- Advocacy – To understand the issues faced by those with hearing issues and to be a voice to enable them to enjoy full participation in their community.
Get in touch
- Postal address:The Kollective, DX Box HP40007, Tauranga 3112
- Phone:07 578 6476
- Office hours:Mon – Fri 9.00am – 2.00pm
- Getting here:Please contact us by email or phone, as our address is no longer a drop in shop
- Personnel:Natalie Bright – Manager
- Your hearing is precious. Look after it as once it is damaged it cannot be repaired. Being young won’t protect you!If you have to raise your voice to speak to someone next to you, the noise around you is dangerous.TURN IT DOWN, WALK AWAY, AND WEAR PROTECTION
The Hearing Association of New Zealand is passionate about helping those with hearing impairments to experience life to the fullest. If you need our support or are interested in supporting the work that we do, we would love to hear from you.