Hearing New Zealand Auckland
Based at 8 St Vincent Avenue, Remuera, Auckland, we offer adults with hearing related concerns information, products and service. Our staff includes audiologists, nurses, pathfinders (who manage our community outreach service), administration staff and a manager. Our services (see our website) include hearing tests, professional hearing aid fitting, and wax removal. We are not-for-profit and independent (we are not aligned to any hearing aid company). Income generated from fees covers costs with grants and donations covering the cost of our free services. We have a voluntary governance board.
Services offered include:
Audiology (hearing and tinnitus assessments, professional hearing aid fitting)
Tinnitus information and desensitization therapy
Ear wax removal by micro-suction (for people over the age of 16 years)
Hearing Therapy (free service)
Hearing conservation including Industrial hearing testing
Assistive listening devices
Information and advice (free service)
Staff training (free service)
Talks (free service)
Get in touch
- Location:8 St Vincent Ave Remuera Auckland
- Postal address:PO Box 28-205 Remuera Auckland 1071
- Phone:09 524 9847
- Office hours:Monday 9am – 2.30pm; Tuesday to Friday 9am – 4.30pm. Please make an appointment if you wish to meet with our staff.
- Getting here:
The services we offer include the following:
• Audiology (including hearing aid fitting)
• Tinnitus information and desensitization therapy
• Ear wax removal by micro-suction (for people over the age of 16 years)
• Hearing therapy (free service)
• Hearing conservation
• Industrial hearing testing
• Assistive listening devices
• Information and advice (free service)
• Staff training (free service)
• Talks (free service)
- Personnel:Our qualified professional staff are experienced and knowledgeable within their fields of audiology and ear care. The team operates under the direction of a Manager and is supported by a voluntary elected board. Independent chartered accountants oversee the financial aspects of the Association.
Chairperson - Zahra Champion
Committee – Bill Keith, Richard Reid, Lee Schoushkoff, Karen Pullar, Rosemary Thorne, Richard Brookes.
- Your hearing is precious. Look after it as once it is damaged it cannot be repaired. Being young won’t protect you!If you have to raise your voice to speak to someone next to you, the noise around you is dangerous.TURN IT DOWN, WALK AWAY, AND WEAR PROTECTION
The Hearing Association of New Zealand is passionate about helping those with hearing impairments to experience life to the fullest. If you need our support or are interested in supporting the work that we do, we would love to hear from you.