Hearing New Zealand Auckland
The Hearing Association (Auckland) Inc. is based at 8 St Vincent Ave, Remuera, Auckland, New Zealand and we cater for all people with hearing loss. We offer a complete hearing rehabilitation service that is not-for-profit and independent (we are not aligned to any hearing aid company). The funds we earn from fee paying services go towards covering overheads and the balance helps to cover the cost of our free services. We are run by a voluntary committee.
“To promote the interest and general welfare of any hearing impaired person in New Zealand.”
We intend to do this by:
Offering free, friendly, helpful, professional and independent advice on hearing issues
Providing independent professional audiology services
Making the public aware of causes of hearing loss
Raising the profile of hearing issues with the general public
Giving talks to community groups
Advocating the need to protect hearing loss in the workplace and at home
Get in touch
- Location:8 St Vincent Ave Remuera Auckland
- Postal address:PO Box 28-205 Remuera Auckland 1071
- Phone:09 524 9847
- Office hours:Monday to Thursday 9am – 5pm & Fridays 9am – 4.30pm Bookings: Please note it is essential to make a booking if you want to come in to our premises to speak to one of our staff.
- Getting here:
The services we offer include the following:
• Audiology (including hearing aid fitting)
• Tinnitus information and desensitization therapy
• Ear wax removal by micro-suction (for people over the age of 16 years)
• Hearing therapy (free service)
• Hearing conservation
• Industrial hearing testing
• Assistive listening devices
• Information and advice (free service)
• Staff training (free service)
• Talks (free service)
Chairperson - Bill Keith
Committee - Lee-Ann Coburn, Brian Coburn, Richard Reid, Lee Schoushkoff, Zahra Champion, Malcolm Brown, Karen Puller & Rosemary Thorne.
- Your hearing is precious. Look after it as once it is damaged it cannot be repaired. Being young won’t protect you!If you have to raise your voice to speak to someone next to you, the noise around you is dangerous.TURN IT DOWN, WALK AWAY, AND WEAR PROTECTION
The Hearing Association of New Zealand is passionate about helping those with hearing impairments to experience life to the fullest. If you need our support or are interested in supporting the work that we do, we would love to hear from you.