Hearing New Zealand Southland
Our focus is to provide advice and assistance to anyone in the community, over the age of sixteen years, who has difficulty in their everyday life as a result of hearing loss.
Our services include:
– Information and advice on hearing matters; hearing aid management (for new and practised users); hearing aid checking, cleaning and drying, and minor repairs
– For members (membership costs $18 per year) there is subsidised sales of hearing aid batteries, wax filters and other assistive devices
– We have an in house display of assistive devices such as doorbells, headphones, amplified phones, and other items which are available for trial instore and/or at home
– We give educational talks to groups/organisations/staff on induced hearing loss, protecting hearing loss and on the help that is available
Feel free to contact us for more information about any of these services
Get in touch
- Location:126 Leet Street Invercargill 9810
- Postal address:PO Box 1213 Invercargill 9840
- Phone:03 214 9154
- Office hours:Monday-Friday: 9am-4pm
- Personnel:Simon Bradley – President, Bev Manihera – Office Manager and Field Officer, Vonnie Crawford – Office Reliever
Also located within the building is Life Unlimited Ph 0800 088011 for free hearing tests and hearing therapy services, and Ear Health Ltd Ph 03 2634056 for micro suction ear cleaning.
- Your hearing is precious. Look after it as once it is damaged it cannot be repaired. Being young won’t protect you!If you have to raise your voice to speak to someone next to you, the noise around you is dangerous.TURN IT DOWN, WALK AWAY, AND WEAR PROTECTION
The Hearing Association of New Zealand is passionate about helping those with hearing impairments to experience life to the fullest. If you need our support or are interested in supporting the work that we do, we would love to hear from you.